Currently implement removal efforts in the main stem of the Ventura River from Baldwin Road to Foster Park as part of Ventura County Watershed Protection District’s long-term management strategy and Steelhead Habitat Restoration Program. Prior maintenance projects have been completed BY RA Atmore in the Ventura river watershed, including the San Antonio Creek Giant Reed Removal and the Matilija Creek Giant Reed Retreatment, Taylor Ranch Arundo Removal Project among others.
- Removing acres of non-native noxious vegetation such as Arundo, Castor Bean, Tree Tobacco, Scotch Broom, Spanish Broom etc.
- Protecting downstream property from flood and storm water damage because of excess vegetation and sediment.
- Providing a chance for native vegetation the chance to re-establish and create habitat for threatened or endangered species living in the Ventura River Watershed.
- Removal and hauling of over 20 tons of trash and other debris from illegal camps in the watershed.
- * Monitor for and eradicate invasive species re-sprouts.